Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lead Adventure Miniatures

So, I was browsing the lead adventure forum: link and came across an update to their Bruegelburg range.  In case you have not heard, LAF has been producing some of the most detailed fantasy miniatures I have come across in a while.  The sculpting is crisp and clean, and the models are fantastically over-the-top, but in a good, original kinda way.  So, they have finished the sculpting of a unit of crossbowmen, based on the legend of William Tell.  These are an addition to their fantastic Bruegelburg range.  I haven't gotten any yet, but with these crossbowmen coming out this summer, you can bet I will be ordering a few packs!  They will be tough to paint well as the detail is amazing, but I would hope I can handle the challenge - just might have to work at a glacial pace!

Without further ado, here are some pics of the finished sculpts, which apparently are off to the caster:










Seriously... some of the best fantasy landsknechts ever!  I will definitely put these on my wishlist, along with the rest of their Bruegelburg range...

Oh yes, they are also making a cannon, in the same typical awesomeness:


Not much else I can say... more pictures can be seen in their progress threads here and here.

1 comment:

  1. God I can't wait to get my hands on those Xbows....and that cannon crew...ddddrrrooollll.

    They will be a labor of love to paint but well worth it in the end.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete